The diverse shipyard builds and repairs naval vessels, commercial vessels, and container ships with over 1,300 contingent laborers working at any given time. NSC increased the client’s speed and volume of vessel production by acting as an extension of their hiring team.
Delivered more than 30 ocean-going ships to government and commercial customers
San Diego, CA
Client had difficulty attracting and retaining skilled labor for their shipyard
Client increased speed and volume of vessel production
The client’s subcontractor administrators had difficulty attracting, retaining, and managing qualified tradespeople in the yard. This led to delayed projects and missed deadlines for their customers.
NSC worked with the subcontractor administrators to assess the business’s needs, attract qualified candidates, and place skilled workers on the job site.
- Clean and organized submittals, following through to the end of the recruiting cycle
- Proactive measures to properly screen and train field associates before they meet with the client
- Hands-on approach with candidates by walking them on to the job site
- An NSC project coordinator presence on the yard to ensure a happy workforce and support for customer supervisors and safety representatives
- Identification of potential workplace hazards to prevent accidents and injuries
Acting as an extension of the client’s hiring team, NSC attracted and placed firewatchers, painters, cable pullers, welders, fitters, and other skilled labor to enhance the workforce and help deliver projects on time and under budget.
Let’s Work Together
Whether you need contingent labor, a temp-to-hire program, or customized on-site services, we bring decades of unparalleled expertise and integrity to every project. We believe that by equipping individuals with specialized skills and businesses with those individuals, people and communities will thrive.